Picture a snowy day when you are feeling little too cold, curled up in your blanket, watching your favourite show with a cup of hot chocolate. Well, in this scenario, it would be nearly impossible to get off your couch to prepare a meal from scratch. But hey, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered for such days by bringing you a recipe for a lip-smacking BBQ Pulled Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
You can make it without putting in too much effort or time-a true comfort food that won’t compromise on your taste buds, all thanks to the addition of pre-cooked, appetizing Urban Smokehouse BBQ Pulled Chicken.
Look, half of the work is already done by Urban Smokehouse; now all you need to do is toss some mouth-watering ingredients like diced tomatoes, jalapenos, caramelized onions, pepper and BBQ pulled chicken for a sweet and tangy flavour. Heat some bread and cheese, and then assemble the ultimate, flavourful, melted crispy cheese sandwich.
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minute | Cook Time: 35 minute
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Pack of Urban Smokehouse BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- ¼ cup of sliced jalapenos
- ½ cup of diced green and red pepper
- ½ cup of finely diced tomato
- ¼ cup of black olives
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 Pieces of bread
- ¼ cup chopped parsley(optional)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Start by heating oil in a saucepan over moderate flame; add a cup of chopped onion and heat it until golden brown.
- Add Urban Smokehouse BBQ pulled chicken, green and red pepper, jalapenos, tomato and olives to the pan; give it a good mix.
- For flavour, add smoked paprika powder, a pinch of salt, and black pepper.
- Heat a grill pan on medium flame (you can also use regular large pan) and grease it with butter.
- Place 4 slices of bread on the heated grill pan and put shredded cheese on each.
- Evenly distribute the above-mentioned BBQ chicken filling on each slice.
- Add the remaining cheese and top with a buttered bread slice to make a sandwich.
- Grill the sandwiches until the bread turns crispy golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Transfer them to a plate and sprinkle chopped parsley on top as garnish.
- Enjoy your finger-licking hot, cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with fries or potato wedges on the side.
Nutritional Values: Calories: 597kcal, | Carbs: 27g, | Protein: 30g, fat: 34g
Mexican BBQ Pulled Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Enjoy a Mexican burst of bold and vibrant flavour in your mouth by simply adding some soft corn, cumin, chilli, and cilantro. Serve it with a cup of freshly prepared salsa sauce. It’s like a dream come true for Mexican Cuisine lovers.
Fiery BBQ Pulled Chicken Cheese Sandwiches
Desiring a fiery adventure? Ignite your taste buds by adding a generous dash of hot sauce and a sprinkle of hot red chilli flakes. Uplift the experience by serving it alongside a cool spoonful of sour cream. Get ready for a dramatic combination of heat and coolness that will tantalize your taste.
Crunched up BBQ Pulled Chicken Cheese Sandwiches
Just add some potato chips or pretzels for a crackling, crispy experience that you will enjoy until the last bite. The crunchy ride, along with gooey, hot melted cheese, will give a unique texture and flavour.
Egg BBQ Pulled Chicken Cheese Sandwiches
Make your comfort meal more wholesome, scrumptious and hearty. Add 2 scrambled eggs, finely sliced half-boiled eggs or you can even go for half-fry juicy egg which will make every bite more fulfilling and yummy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different type of oil instead of olive oil?
Yes, you can use other cooking oils like vegetable oil, canola oil, or even butter depending on your preference.
- Is there a specific type of cheddar cheese recommended?
You can use any type of cheddar cheese you prefer – sharp, mild, or extra sharp. Feel free to experiment with different cheese varieties for a unique flavour.
- Can I use frozen diced peppers instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen diced peppers if fresh ones are not available. Ensure they are thawed and drained before adding to the pan.
- What can I substitute for black olives if I don't have them?
You can substitute black olives with green olives or omit them altogether if you're not a fan of olives.
- Can I use regular paprika instead of smoked paprika powder?
Yes, you can use regular paprika if smoked paprika is not available. However, smoked paprika adds a distinct flavour, so it's worth trying if you have it.
- Can I use whole wheat or multigrain bread instead of white bread?
Yes, you can use whole wheat or multigrain bread for a healthier option. It will add a nuttier flavour to the sandwich.
Cooking Related Questions
- Can I use a different cooking method if I don't have a grill pan?
Yes, you can use a regular pan or a skillet to make the sandwiches. Ensure it's well-heated and greased with butter to achieve a crispy texture.
- How do I know when the onions are caramelized?
Caramelized onions should be golden brown and have a sweet aroma. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Can I prepare the BBQ chicken mixture in advance and refrigerate it?
Yes, you can prepare the BBQ chicken mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Reheat it before assembling the sandwiches.
- How long should I grill the sandwiches for optimal crispiness?
Grill the sandwiches until the bread turns crispy golden brown and the cheese is fully melted. This typically takes 3-4 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Can I use a different type of bread for the sandwiches?
Yes, you can use your favourite type of bread, such as whole wheat, multigrain, or sourdough, based on your preference.
- What's the purpose of adding smoked paprika powder?
Smoked paprika adds a distinct smoky flavour to the dish. If you don't have it, regular paprika can be used as a substitute.
- Is there a recommended way to reheat the leftovers?
Reheat the sandwiches in an oven or toaster oven for the best results. This helps maintain the crispiness of the bread.
- Can I freeze the assembled sandwiches for later use?
It's not recommended to freeze already assembled sandwiches as the texture may change. Instead, freeze the BBQ chicken mixture and assemble fresh sandwiches when needed.
- Can I make these sandwiches in a panini press?
Yes, a panini press is a great alternative to a grill pan. It can give you those distinctive grill marks and ensure even cooking.
- What's the purpose of garnishing with chopped parsley?
Chopped parsley adds a touch of freshness and colour to the dish. It's optional, and you can skip it if you prefer.
- Can I use a different herb if I don't like cilantro?
Certainly! You can substitute cilantro with parsley or another herb of your choice to suit your taste.
- Can I make the salsa sauce in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the salsa sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve the sandwiches.
- Are there alternatives to hot sauce for the fiery variation?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different spicy condiments like sriracha or chipotle mayo to achieve the desired level of heat.
- Can I make these sandwiches ahead of time?
While it's best to enjoy them fresh for optimal taste and texture, you can prepare components like the BBQ chicken mixture or salsa in advance and assemble when ready to eat.
- What other crunchy additions can I experiment with?
Get creative! You can experiment with additions like crushed nuts, crispy bacon bits, or even toasted breadcrumbs for added texture.
- How can I reheat the sandwiches without losing the crispiness of the chips?
Reheating may affect the crispiness of the chips. To preserve the crunch, consider removing the chips before reheating and add them back afterward.
- How do I prevent the chips from getting soggy in the sandwich?
To maintain the crispiness, consider adding the chips just before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy. Another option is to serve them on the side for a crunchy contrast.
- Are there healthier alternatives to potato chips or pretzels?
Yes, you can opt for healthier alternatives like baked vegetable chips, whole-grain pretzels, or even kale chips for a nutritious twist.
- Can I customize the number of eggs added to the meal?
Absolutely! Adjust the quantity of eggs based on your personal preference and dietary needs.
- What cooking methods can I use for the eggs?
You can choose from various cooking methods such as scrambling, boiling, frying, poaching, or baking the eggs.
- Do I need to add additional seasoning to the eggs?
Seasoning is subjective, so feel free to add salt, pepper, or other herbs and spices to suit your taste.
You Might Also Like: