Bacon brisket mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food experience, combining the rich, smokey flavors of Urban Smokehouse's famous smoked brisket with the irresistible richness of creamy macaroni and cheese. At Urban Smokehouse, we take our commitment to crafting delicious, high-quality smoked meats seriously, and this recipe is a true testament to our dedication.
Our Urban Smokehouse smoked brisket is a labor of love, slow-cooked to perfection over hickory and oak woods, infusing each mouthful with an unrivaled rich, smokey aroma. This amazing brisket has been transformed into a velvety mac and cheese that will exceed your comfort food expectations. Velvety cheese sauce and soft, smoky brisket combine to produce a flavorful concoction that will entice your palate and leave you wanting more.
But this is no ordinary mac and cheese—rather, it's a work of art from Urban Smokehouse. It is a real crowd-pleaser that works well for any event because every bite takes you on a journey through layers of smokey, savory, and cheesy bliss.
Our bacon brisket mac and cheese is the perfect treat, whether you're throwing a party, spending a relaxing evening in, or you're just in the mood for something flavorful. Prepare to enjoy every cheesy, bacon-studded bite of bold, real Urban Smokehouse smoked brisket. Urban Smokehouse is here to help you up your mac and cheese game because it's time to do so.
Serving Size: 6 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup finely chopped Urban Smokehouse Smoked Brisket
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- Begin by cooking the elbow macaroni according to the instructions on the package, ensuring they are cooked to al dente perfection. Once done, drain the macaroni and set it aside.
- In a generously sized saucepan, gently melt the butter over medium heat. Introduce the flour into the melted butter, and let them blend together for 1-2 minutes until they form a thick and creamy roux.
- Gradually pour in the milk, maintaining a constant stir to ensure the mixture thickens smoothly. This process typically takes around 5-7 minutes.
- It's now time to heat your package of Urban Smokehouse smoked beef brisket, following the guidelines provided on the packaging. You can achieve this using either a microwave or stovetop method, taking approximately fifteen minutes. Once the brisket is heated, proceed to chop or shred it into bite-sized pieces.
- Introduce the salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper into the sauce. Stir the seasonings thoroughly until they're well incorporated.
- Reduce the heat to a low setting, and begin to gradually add the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until the cheese is fully melted, creating a creamy sauce.
- Carefully fold in the cooked macaroni, along with the chopped or shredded Urban Smokehouse smoked beef brisket and the crumbled bacon. Ensure that these ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the cheesy sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Transfer the mac and cheese mixture into a baking dish measuring 9x13 inches, ensuring that it's been properly greased.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top develops a golden hue and the edges start to bubble.
- If desired, you can opt for a golden, crispy top by broiling the mac and cheese for an additional 2-3 minutes. Be vigilant to prevent any burning.
- Once your creation is out of the oven, consider adding a final touch by garnishing it with freshly chopped parsley if you wish. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional Value: Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 35g
Brisket Mac and Cheese
This version of brisket mac and cheese allows you to experience the essence of the smoked brisket from Urban Smokehouse. This is the best option for people who wish to concentrate only on the rich, smoky flavors of the brisket. Let the soft, smokey brisket take center stage, and omit the bacon and other toppings. Just shred or chop the bite-sized Urban Smokehouse smoked brisket and add it to the creamy macaroni and cheese mixture. The result is a simple yet incredibly rich dish that brings the brisket, the star of the show, to life.
Spicy Chipotle Brisket Mac and Cheese
Incorporate 1-2 minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce into the cheese sauce for a spicy kick. This gives your mac and cheese a spicy, smokey kick. The Urban Smokehouse brisket goes really well with the smokey flavor. Finish the Tex-Mex makeover by adding a squeeze of lime juice and some chopped fresh cilantro to your plate as a flavorful garnish.
Gourmet Truffle Brisket Mac and Cheese
Add some truffle butter or oil to your cheese sauce for a luxurious touch. The smokey richness of Urban Smokehouse's brisket is complemented by the earthy, sumptuous flavors of truffle. Add a drizzle of truffle oil and some shaved Parmesan cheese to your dish to complete the gourmet experience. For individuals who want to give their mac and cheese a more sophisticated touch, this version is ideal.
Buffalo Brisket Mac and Cheese
Try the Buffalo Brisket Mac and Cheese variation if you want spicy food. For a spicily tart take, toss the shredded beef in buffalo sauce. This gives your mac and cheese a tangy, comforting flavor. Serve your dish with celery sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing to complete the Buffalo-style experience. Fans of savory and spicy flavors will adore this version.
Bacon Brisket Mac and Cheese FAQs
1. What is brisket mac and cheese?
Bacon Brisket Mac and Cheese is a delightful comfort food dish that combines macaroni, cheese, bacon, and smoked brisket to create a rich and savory meal.
2. Is this recipe suitable for beginners?
Cooking brisket can be time-consuming and requires patience, but for this recipe, you only need to reheat pre-cooked smoked beef brisket, which is relatively straightforward.
3. How long does it take to make this dish?
This recipe typically takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook.
4. Can I make this mac and cheese recipe in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this dish in advance and reheat it when you're ready to serve.
1. Can I use pre-shredded cheese instead of shredding it myself?
Certainly, you can use pre-shredded cheese to save time, but freshly shredded cheese can result in a creamier texture.
2. What can I use as a substitute for elbow macaroni?
If you don't have elbow macaroni, you can use other pasta shapes.
3. Can I use regular butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use regular butter, but it may affect the dish's saltiness.
4. What can I use instead of whole milk?
Milk alternatives like almond or soy milk can be used if you prefer.
What does "cook the macaroni to al dente perfection" mean?
"Al dente" refers to pasta that is firm when bitten but not overcooked, with a slight bite to it.
How do I prevent the cheese sauce from becoming lumpy?
To avoid lumps, gradually add milk to the roux while stirring continuously to achieve a smooth consistency.
Can I use a microwave to heat the brisket instead of the stovetop method?
Certainly, you can use a microwave to heat the brisket as an alternative to the stovetop method.
What should I do if the cheese sauce is too thick?
If the cheese sauce becomes too thick, you can adjust the consistency by adding more milk.
Is there a way to make this recipe less spicy?
To make the dish less spicy, you can reduce or omit the cayenne pepper or other spicy elements.
How do I make the Spicy Chipotle Brisket Mac and Cheese?
To add spiciness, incorporate 1-2 minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce into the cheese sauce.
Can I use a different type of barbecue sauce for the BBQ Brisket Mac and Cheese?
Yes, you can use your preferred barbecue sauce to impart a unique flavor.
What exactly is truffle butter or oil, and where can I find it?
Truffle butter or oil is a specialty product known for its distinctive earthy flavor. It can be found in specialty food stores or online.
How can I make the Buffalo Brisket Mac and Cheese milder in flavor?
To reduce the spiciness, use less buffalo sauce or opt for a mild version of the sauce.
Are these variations more complicated than the original recipe?
The variations introduce extra flavors but maintain a similar level of complexity as the original recipe.
Serving and Storage:
What should I serve with Bacon Brisket Mac and Cheese?
You can enjoy it as a standalone dish or pair it with side dishes like salad, vegetables, or coleslaw.
Can I refrigerate the leftovers, and how long will they last?
Leftovers can be refrigerated for a few days, but it's best to consume them within 3-4 days for optimal freshness.
Can I freeze this dish for later consumption?
Certainly, you can freeze it for future meals. Ensure it's properly stored to maintain quality.
What's the best way to reheat leftover Mac and Cheese?
Reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven to enjoy a warm and delicious meal.
Is it possible to make this recipe in smaller or larger servings?
Yes, you can adjust the portion size to suit your needs by scaling the ingredients accordingly.
You Might Also Like: